Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Veloster Forum and Hyundai Veloster community dedicated to Hyundai Veloster owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Veloster Forum today!

DIY Blind Spot Monitoring?

Coffeeman

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Veloster N, Base
No typical driver assistance systems on the N! Not sure why that is. I know that Subaru doesn't make driver assistance available on any WRX with manual. What do you think? What's the reason manual drivers aren't offered driver assistance?

OP
C

Coffeeman

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Veloster N, Base
Thread Starter #2
I just installed a blind spot camera system on 2019 Veloster N, Base. The takeaway is that the small mirror that comes on driver's side side mirror is very helpful, not totally sufficient to make up for the massive blind spots on either side of the car. The system I installed is a typical camera system, which includes a forward facing camera with screen, two side mirror cameras which are mounted in a round mirror that attaches to each side view mirror. There is a spot for a GPS setup, and also a rear camera. There is also a limited remote control. By the time you get all that mounted, you have to hope that the forward camera with screen (into which all other camera wires attach) stays put. I know in the summer, previous camera systems have come loose from the windshield. Camera is AZDOME and runs about a $100.00. If all you're interested in is blind spot monitoring, it might be sufficient to mount another small mirror on each side view mirror, and adjust it to cover the blind spot.