Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Key fob question for 2024 Calligraphy

Jsmith132

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Palisade Calligraphy
We just purchased a 2024 Palisade Calligraphy and noticed that when I walk up to unlock the door and my wife drove it last, the seat doesn‘t move to my position unless I start the car and then click on my profile on the touchscreen. I have my settings programmed into the #2 button on the door. I have tried pushing that #2 button before getting in the car and the seat doesn’t move. Am I doing something wrong? I assumed I could walk up to the car and when I opened the car door (with the fob in my pocket) that my seat and mirrors would automatically move to my settings.

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Caligraphy
Let's look past your very inconsiderate wife for not setting the seat up properly for the master of the house! Why not have the steering wheel and seat move back and away when your wife exits the vehicle? It will make it easier for you to reenter the vehicle and 'take back the controls'. I copied and pasted this from the manual. I sincerely hope this saves your rocky marriage.

Seat Easy Access
Seat easy access will move the driver’s seat and steering wheel automatically as follows:
• Exitingthevehicle:
The driver’s seat, steering wheel and seat bolster will move as follows when the ignition switch is in the LOCK/OFF position with the gear in P (Park) and the driver’s door open.
- Driverseat:Movesrearward depending on the distance selected from the Settings menu in the infotainment system.
- Steeringwheel:Movesupward
However, the driver’s seat may not move rearward if there is not enough space between the driver’s seat and the rear seats.
Also, on a regular basis, the steering wheel will also move forward to adjust its location by itself.

Enteringthevehicle:
The driver’s seat, steering wheel and seat bolster will move as follows when the ignition switch is placed to the ACC, ON or START position or while carrying the smart key, the driver’s door is closed with the ignition switch is placed in the LOCK/OFF position.
- Driver seat: Moves back to its original position.
- Steeringwheel:Movesbacktoits original position.
YoucansettheSeatEasyAccess function from the Settings menu in the infotainment system screen. Select:
- Driverseat
Setup > Vehicle > Seat > Seating Easy Access > Driver Seat Easy Access > Normal/Extended/Off
- Steeringwheel
Setup > Vehicle > Seat > Seating Easy Access > Steering wheel easy access

Hyundai Palisade Posts